Open source networking projects are transforming how service providers and enterprises develop, deploy, and scale their networks and next-generation services. The Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP) project orchestrates and manages physical and virtual network services to bring agility, higher customer satisfaction and lower costs. This course provides:
- The basics of Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- An introduction to The Linux Foundation ONAP project
- The challenges ONAP solves
- Overview of the ONAP project’s architecture, subprojects and demos
Is your organization embarking on a network transformation journey? Do you understand why open source software will play a critical role in this journey? Are you unclear how to manage and orchestrate network services for your SDN/NFV use case? If yes, this course is for you.
This course is designed to provide a high-level understanding and business perspective of the ONAP project and a guide for navigating, participating, and benefiting from the ONAP community. The course is also meant for vendors who wish to determine how to position or sell their products into the ONAP ecosystem.
Introduction to ONAP: Complete Network Automation
- Welcome & Introduction
- Chapter 1. NFV Basics and ONAP Introduction
- Chapter 2. ONAP Scope and Key Concepts
- Chapter 3. ONAP Architecture
- Chapter 4. Official ONAP Projects
- Chapter 5. ONAP Demos and Getting Involved
- Final Exam